Friday, May 19, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 54


Welcome to another fun-filled week! Thank you for being here. As always, you can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. Then, on Fridays, we post the linky for sharing. The first two fill-ins are always provided by Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. You are welcome to answer in the comments, but if you link up, even more people can share!

We are on the edge of Summer. It is getting warmer and sunnier. Everything is blooming and in full colour, now. Bill and the furkids gave me hanging baskets of Angel-Wing Begonias for Mother’s Day. I love these! I have two baskets of red ones, and two baskets of red and yellow ones.

I hope your world is filled with flowers and fun. Start making those Summer plans, even if it is just to relax! We will be staying home and working on the house

The fill-ins really made me think this week! How about you? I look forward to reading your thoughts. Here are my completed fill-ins:

1. I have googled many things, usually for research purposes of some kind. I think it is important to continually educate myself. It not only makes me a better person, but a better writer, too. Googling is a great research tool. However, I use it in addition to reading books, not instead of reading books!



2. I have heard there are good deals on eBay. I am a little skeptical, however. I know people who use it often to both buy and sell, but I think it is a bit scary. There are just so many scams and scammers.


3. I think that we have become a disposable society. To our own detriment, we throw away dishes, containers, things that were in containers, clothes, household items, automobiles, and everything in between. But, even worse, we throw away lives, in both pets and people. If something does not work out the way we want it to, we throw it away. Then, we immediately fill the void with what or whoever catches our momentary fancy. Of course, that often gets thrown away, too, because there is no investment. I think this all comes down to the simple fact that commitment and loyalty have been thrown away in this fast-paced world. We need to get back to what and who are really important. Those are the things that last, anyway.



4. Chloe Jo truly thinks she is the one in charge. I guess we let her think so. But, she cannot help herself. It is interesting to see how everyone lets her have her way, too. It is all about keeping Chloe Jo happy. She insists. “If Chloe Jo ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy!”



~Wishing you a beautiful day!~

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments.
   

33 comments:

  1. Goodness, yes, we dispose of too much. We also seem to "need" so much more than people did in years past.

    Thank you so much for hosting the fill-ins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, great comment. Yes, the more we have, the more we seem to "need". Therein lies the problem. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. What fantastic answers, as always! Your answer to #3 wowed me. It is so, so true, and also so very well said. Thank you for hosting this always fun challenge, and have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are a part of the Friendly Fill-Ins!

      Delete
  3. Love your answers and love that last graphic. ADORABLE!!

    Have a great weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Friendly Fill-Ins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, your answers were great, too! Hugs!

      Delete
  4. Excellent fill-in answers. I am the same way with Google for information, but never to replace books. I only do transactions through paypal on Ebay which is guaranteed so if you do get scammed, they will reimburse you. I love your answer for #3, it is very sad, but true. And #4 if great, I think it is sweet of everyone to give Chloe Jo her way. Makes me think of my Angel Lucy who was a big grump and so spoiled- I miss her. Your new hanging baskets must be beautiful, you should post a photo. Have a great weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chloe Jo sees and thinks like an impetuous kitten...but, we love her just like she is. I miss Lucy, too. I will share my begonias when I get them settled in. Thanks! Hugs!

      Delete
  5. Great answers! Like you, I use Google for just about everything, but it doesn't replace bonafide books. :)

    eBay used to be better in the beginning - when it wasn't overrun with big companies and scammy sellers. It's one of those things you just have to be cautious about for sure!

    I agree 1000% that we've become a "disposable society" - WUWT?

    It *should* be all about Chloe Jo! :)

    Thanks for hosting - have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, thanks! You are so sweet. Chloe Jo would love you.

      Delete
  6. Great answers. It's really sad that we have become such a throw away society. Mom buys and sells on eBay. She has for years.
    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun questions...good answers! :) here's my entry ... enjoy! http://wp.me/p3RE1e-32e

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you had fun with these fill-ins. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I think it is sad that we have become such a disconnected society, where nothing and no one matters anymore and, like you said, just gets thrown away. It happens with buildings, too. I think it is very sad when those old buildings and their stories are destroyed instead of re-purposed. Our oldest daughter's dorm quad is expected to be demolished within the next year. The allegedly have too many problems to fix. That is most unfortunate. What they get replaced with probably won't have at all the character of these old buildings.

    Love the graphics, as always. You do a great job of finding cute kitty pics. :)

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have taken many photos of buildings along the roads, here and trucking with Bill. I always wish someone would refurbish them for families, elderly, and others who need shelter. To let them crumble is a waste, a shame.

      Delete
  9. Fun blog!! Haven't seen it earlier on this space, McGuffy! Wonder why all the alerts are going into my spam box! :((
    Gread read....

    ReplyDelete
  10. We live in a disposable society now. Many people value nothing. We have even seen people take their change and throw it in the trash at convenience stores. This is messed up. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in karma. I also believe that God sees and knows everything, so...we will all be held accountable. We have to try to do good.

      Delete
  11. I daresay Chloe with no offense to your siblings but you should be in charge rather in your own minds eye or that of the rest of the family's minds eye because it's all the same even if I dont make sense ~~~~~ hugs from dai$y =^..*=

    heerz two a flashlight fish kinda week o end ~~~~ ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy, i thanks yu fur dat. yu is a good and smart frend. thanks fur bean der fur me. xo, Chloe Jo

      Delete
  12. thoughtful answers as always--i agree completely with number 3!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each of those were totally purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sorry, Annie, but your two questions are just too hard to answer, you could almost write a novel answering them :) My answers to one and two: 'Almost everything' and 'bought and sold quite a bit' - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are busy. They are questions that take thought, but could be simple. Just have fun with these. Write what comes to you, whatever you want to say. It is about you and your thoughts. Everyone is different, but it should be fun. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. I use Google a lot, too--it's so nice to be able to look up something any time, anywhere--but read books, too. :-) My cat Sam, who is at the Rainbow Bridge, was in charge when she was here. And we let her! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Books are #1. We have a cat beyond the Rainbow...also a She! She was a Tuxedo, almost 20 when she crossed. Chloe Jo channels her in many ways, too. Hugs!

      Delete
  16. Great answers Annie. I google a lot of stuff every day. It's so easy.

    I agree that we are a disposable society and for big ticket items like kitchen appliances, washer and dryers that only last for 7 years and cars that fall to rust in no time. With all the knowledge and technical ability we have, why can the manufacturers make appliances and cars that last?. When I got married I got an electric stove and it lasted 35 years of heavy usage because I had some hired hands to feed every day.

    What gets me is the waste that Walmart throws away every day. Food that is still good while people are going hungry. Oh I could get on my soap box... We recycle a lot and our garbage bag is very small.

    Of course, Chloe Jo is in charge as she should be.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  17. We agree about our society being one that considers everything to be disposable. In the case of "stuff," so many people feel like they have to have the latest and greatest, while our landfills overflow with plastic and electronics that still work. And with pets and people ... even more sad.

    Oh, and of course Chloe Jo is in charge. Just like Zoe the boss (in a nice way) here. :)

    Happy weekend to you, Bill and the furkids. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally agree with your answer to #3!

    I've never had any trouble with EBay, whether I was buying or selling.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Annie,

    Interesting point about being a throw away society even of one's life and you're really right. We see people wasting their lives on purpose through chemical abuse all the time and it's so shameful. How can a person be so weak to give in to something like this just once because we know one time will lead to another and another until a problem develops. It's really sad and I have a family member who's tangled up in this mess which breaks my heart. How cute, Chloe Jo rules! :) Have a good week, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete