Friday, May 26, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 55


We are happy you are here for another week of friendly sharing! As always, you can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. On Fridays, we post the linky for sharing. The first two fill-ins are always provided by Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. You are welcome to answer in the comments, but if you link up, even more people can share!

Thank you for being here today. I appreciate your friendship, your time, and your comments. I know that life is busy, and time gets away easily. So, thank you for being part of my journey and sharing yours with me. 

Please check out my "58 Things"post today. I share some things about myself that you may or may not know. It took a lot of thought to come up with this list to share. I invite you all to take up this birthday challenge on your next birthday. If and when you post it for your birthday, please make sure to let me know. I would like to read the things that you share. 

Have a safe Memorial Weekend. It is the unofficial start of Summer. Enjoy your loved ones, free time, and gatherings. Please, do remember to take a moment to honour those who died in active military service. We owe them so much respect and gratitude. They earned it.

Here are my completed fill-ins:

1. My idea of roughing it is no restroom facilities, no showers, no electricity. That is how we used to camp out when I was growing up in Texas. We went on camping and fishing trips often. Those are happy childhood memories!


2. I never get sick of talking about happy memories that Bill and I have shared over the years. We have been married thirty-six years in June, so there are a lot of happy memories. Many of them have critters in them, naturally. The stories do get retold often, too.


3. My youth taught me the essential things that I would need in life. I watched others and learned what not to do. I also learned about the kind of person that I wanted to be. I am thankful for lessons learned by watching and listening. History does not have to repeat itself.



4. My "golden years" are being charted as I head toward that sunset. I don’t want more stuff, just more happiness. I know what I need and what is important. My needs are minimal. I have learned that for me, less really is more.



~May you always find happiness in what you have!~

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments.
   

42 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting such a fun hop. My husband and I will celebrate our 35th anniversary in June. You and I are truly blessed. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! Love your answers as is ALWAYS the case.....I'm totally "with you" on #4.....and I'm WAY ahead of you in years and believe me, you just realize what's important MORE and MORE as days pass. Your graphics always make me smile but that last one is BEYOND ADORABLE!

    Love and Happy Friday, Pam and Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! You are right that the wiser thing to do is learn from others' mistakes rather than make them all yourself. And as Cathy from the comic strip once said, "I want more out of life and less in it!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, we see things the same quite often.

      Delete
  4. Great answers. I love that you and Bill have so many happy memories together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent answers and I always enjoy those cute kitty photos you find to go with them. I agree, History doesn't have to repeat itself. It is wise to watch and learn. I am glad you and Bill have so many wonderful memories together ( and they include furbabies too). No restrooms is beyond roughing it to me- yikes! I get up several times a night so I could never manage without one. I am off to read your 58, and I just realized I titled my fill-ins 54 instead of 55, I need to fix that. Have a great weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a kid, it did not concern me to not have restrooms. Now...I am like you, up several times and like a real restroom. HUGS!

      Delete
  6. You know, I have never been camping. I will admit that I probably don't truly know what it's like to rough it. I've had it easy. My mom always tells me stories of her childhood, during which she grew up on a farm being raised alongside her 4 siblings by her widowed mother. They once lost power for an entire week in the dead of winter because of an ice storm. I have never had to go through anything such as that.

    Anyway, your answers are fantastic, as always! Your wise words on your youth and golden years are so inspiring. Thank you for hosting this wonderful challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have quite a mother. There is a story or two there. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. What a good reminder about Memorial Day.Like you, my husband and I have been married a long time (30 years this year). It's so great to have happy memories. It sounds like from #3 you were a wise youth.I wish I would have done more learning from others. I totally agree with your #4!!

    I wish you a happy holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an old soul. I guess I needed to be. Grampy helped groom me as I needed to be, too. He knew.

      Delete
  8. What fun to remember all those good memories. We also love the box around here, instead of what is in the box. You all have a great week end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fill-ins! I love the memes that you've perfectly paired with your responses. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. May you always find happiness in what you have...best advice ever. Well, Annie, we found one thing on which we do not agree...camping! I love to be outdoors, but I want to sleep in a bed, be able to take a shower and use indoor plumbing. I also don't enjoy fishing. I do not have the patience. As I said, I spent a lot of time with my grandparents, which included vacations. My grandpa liked to fish and tried to teach me. Not fun for me! Always enjoy hearing and learning more about you, my friend. Sorry I have been absent. Trying to get back into the routine since getting home, and with Tom gone, I always have so much more to do. Sending lots of love and prayers. How are the girls doing? Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this age, I do like the restroom comforts. As a kid, I just loved adventure! Fishing, always. Yes. I am competitive with Bill, too. Who catches the biggest and the most!

      Delete
  11. i agree with you -- it's so important to find happiness in what we have!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome answers! Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your answers! We actually, essentially got the same one for #1 and no, I did not peek first. Your other answers are also awesome and totally you. I am absolutely with you on #4 also, while I do like my gadgets - there is a limit of... stuff.
    Happy long weekend, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Today, people rely too much on electronics. They don't know what to do with the internet. I remember!

      Delete
  14. We loved those terrific answers,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great answers Annie. You always put so much thought in your answers.
    I feel like that little kitten... I didn't do it and I won't do it a gain. That's me...
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  16. No restroom facilities, no showers. That's definitely roughing it.

    Congratulations on being married 36 years!

    Love your answer to #3!

    I agree with your answer to #4. I'm downsizing, moving to a house that is 1/3 of where I've been living since '99.

    Going now to check out your 58 things post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my. Yes, we are downsizing, too. It is funny how you spend a lifetime accumulating stuff, then realize that you never really needed it all!

      Delete
  17. The memes always make me laugh ... especially the one with the box being better than the contents. Bear gives me the look in the other meme when I talk too much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Bear and Chloe Jo would appreciate each other.

      Delete
  18. Man, I've been trying to leave a comment *all day*!! I kept getting interrupted and pulled in different directions - I feel like Gumby! :) Serves me right for forgetting to post and link up until today. ;)

    Love your answers - no bathrooms is definitely roughing it in my opinion for camping, too...but I sure love camping! Just a smidge bummed we're not going camping this weekend like we always do - but I'll be cooking out on the grill every day this weekend, since the weather is going to be sunny and hot. And maybe I'll even get some more boxes unpacked! ;)

    I'm learning that less is more as I get older, too - time to do some more purging! :)

    Thanks for hosting - have a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, whenever you can. You are welcome here anytime. Hugs.

      Delete
  19. Everybody knows the box is the best part of the present. :)

    Ahh pottying in the woods. Good times, good times. haha

    Thanks for co-hosting the fill-ins with Ellen. Have a blessed Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kids and cats both have a lot of fun with boxes. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great fill ins. The older I get (and I'm not "that" old), the more benefits I see to having less stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. know what you mean. Me, too, my friend! Hugs.

      Delete