Friday, May 19, 2017

Kaleidoscope of Sound: K

Bill said, "Hank Williams was the original country outlaw. Not only was he a great singer, he was a prolific songwriter in country, blues, and gospel. He had eleven #1 hits and 35 singles at the time of his death at age 29. His hit songs have crossed over the charts by greats including (among many others) Linda Ronstadt, Norah Jones, Ray Charles, Tony Bennett, and Charley Pride. In 1947, Hank Williams had his first hit with "Move It On Over". George Thorogood also made a hit out of it in 1978. Kaw-Liga is clearly not Hank's best song, but this has an especially creative storyline. 


 "Kaw-Liga"
Hank Williams

*Please be sure to leave your comments or questions for Bill. Thanks!

10 comments:

  1. A sad story sung as only Hank, Sr. could. My Sweetie is not a big fan but i really like Hank Williams. And if you ask me which one, i will say, all three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill said, "It was hard for some to get into Hank, because he was often so blue. I am glad you Hank. Hank Jr & Hank 3 have very big shoes to fill."

      Delete
  2. I like Hank and Hank Jr. I am glad you wrote about him because I had forgotten there was a recent film about him that I want to see called I Saw the Light. Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill said, "I heard there was a movie out about Hank. I will have to check into it. Thanks!"

      Delete
  3. I truly didn't know he was so young when he died ...how sad :( ~~~~~ ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill said, "He was one of the first "superstars". I have read about 10,000 people showed up for his funeral in 1953. And, that was well before the age of social media."

      Delete
  4. We really didn't know that tune but we do now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill said, "He has a catalog that could be rivaled only by the likes of Bob Dylan."

      Delete
  5. I used to sing that song. I always love Hank Williams' songs. Too bad his life was cut short... He was a great artist. What a loss.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill said, "His music has touched a lot of people. I expect that will continue for generations to come. Hugs."

      Delete