Friday, June 9, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 57


We are happy you are here for another week of friendly sharing! As always, you can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. On Fridays, we post the linky for sharing. The first two fill-ins are always provided by Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. You are welcome to answer in the comments, but if you link up, even more people can share!

I want to take a moment to thank you all for the birthday and anniversary wishes. Thank you for the comments you leave on my posts, including my poetry and stories. It means a lot to me, and I want you to know that. I appreciate each one of you and your comments.

It seems that my Internet connectivity is still a problem. For weeks, it has been flickering on and off, or sometimes just freezing. You know you have a problem when they call you and tell you that you need to schedule an appointment. They said they saw errors on our line. Well, gee, I have been telling them for two months that I am having glitches of some kind. A technician finally came out last week. Remember when they were called repairmen? They used to actually fix things, too. But, there are still problems. Hail Mary, pray for us.

I hope you are enjoying nice weather and Summer fun with loved ones. Please remember to hydrate your furkids and fur-friends, as well as yourself. Keep cool and safe, everyone!

The fill-ins took some contemplation this week. Don’t you agree? Here are my completed fill-ins:

1. A prop from a tv show or film I would like to own is anything from the career of Bette Davis. She truly was the Grande Dame of Hollywood’s Golden Era. She relied solely on her talent and training, never needed fluff like many celebrities do today. She was always intelligent, classy, and still outspoken. Yet, she had a sharp wit, lots of spunk, and a strong will. I respect these qualities in a woman.



2. My oldest friendship is with my best friend, Bill. The journey of life has many twists and turns. There are people who ride along with us for only a short while. Sometimes, they are there to help us through a period in our lives, or perhaps we serve a purpose for them. We learn from some people in our lives, yet we teach others. And, then there are those truly special people who remain. Through it all, Bill has remained.



3. Whenever I think of a storyline or poetic thought, I always stop what I am doing and write it down. If I don’t, it is gone forever. I have had that happen too many times. Of course, I have dozens of bits and pieces of poems and stories that need to be finished. I know, I am working on that.


"You learn to write by writing."

4. The best reprisal to someone who has hurt you or judged you unfairly is to rise above them, their words, and their actions. Show them who you are and what you are really made of. Prove them wrong. In the end, only good can come from that. Be the change.




~May someone always have your back!~

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments
  

37 comments:

  1. As always I love your answers......these were really FUN sentences to fill this week because I was able to let Teddy help! That last graphic of the cat "helping" the other cat down the stairs is a lovely illustration of how we all need a bit of a PUSH from time to time! FYI, Link entry #5 was mine but had an error in it so if you want to REMOVE it - feel free my friend!!!! Happy Friday and weekend....thanks for making me smile.

    Hugs, Pam (with Teddy too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never give thought to the fill-ins. We try to think up fun and interesting ones, though!
      Hugs, dear friend.

      Delete
  2. You are so correct about writing things down before they are gone, and rising above people who try to put or bring you down. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mimi. I know you are like that, too. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. I love Bette Davis too. So classy! And I have lost many a "great" idea because I didn't have a place to write it down when it fluttered through my head. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had $1 for every good thought I lost! *wink*

      Delete
  4. Your answers are so profound and heartfelt. I love that. Such a beautiful answer to #2. And I know so very well what you mean with your answer to #3. I have countless bits and scraps of paper floating around with ideas for stories, art, blog posts, you name it. Thank you for hosting this challenge each week! I always enjoy it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am always honest, even when it is hard. I like others to be that way with me. HUGS.

      Delete
  5. I agree with you, betty Davis was a solid actress...

    I admire the long term relationship you and Bill have. It's remarkable.

    I don't always write my little bits and pieces of writing thoughts and insights because I'm either in the barn feeding the calves or too focused working at home or in the gardens to stop and take notes, however when at my desk, I'll write notes in a little note pad.

    #4 resonate deeply with me. I always say to myself, be true to yourself.
    I know who I am and what others think or say about me will not change who I am.

    That last kitty push down the ladder got a chuckle out of me, poor little timid fella.

    Have a great Friday my friend.
    Smiles and hugs
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, I moved so much as a kid. It was hard to develop lasting friendships. Impossible. Bill is stability for me. I love that about him. He is solid. You are wonderful, just as you are. HUGS, sweet friend.

      Delete
  6. I agree that Bette Davis was wonderful. I've seen many of her movies. I think I've seen most of them. It's funny that I didn't think of it but my husband is my oldest friendship too. This year will be 30 years.

    I love that picture with the kitty giving the other kitty a little nudge. Your answer to #4 is great and something to remember for sure.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea for 30 years! Have a great weekend. HUGS!

      Delete
  7. I am the same way about writing ideas down. I keep a pad of paper and pen on the nightstand just in case I wake up with ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep paper everywhere...even the bathroom. I have written poems while taking a shower. Ha! Really! Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I love all your answers and accompanying photos. I don't think I have ever seen a Bette Davis film, I will have to see if the library has some. How sweet that Bill is your oldest friendship. That is a smart idea to write down ideas immediately.And I agree with #4 completely. Have a nice weekend.XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no...you need to see Bette Davis. I am sure your library will have her movies! Do you need suggestions? Let me know what you think of her. HUGS!

      Delete
  9. Excellent answers! Now I need to get busy on rewrites or I'd answer the fill-ins. ~grin~ Best wishes to you and Bill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...do the fill-ins. Re-writes will wait. *wink*

      Delete
  10. As always, great answers. Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Fill-ins!!! How cool that your husband is your oldest friend!!!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to 11 schools. Friends stayed behind when we moved. Bill was stable, and I was 18 when we met 40 years ago. I kept that friend! Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Interesting questions to answer this week! Oh, internet problems...so frustrating! Hope yours clears up soon. I try to write down ideas when they come, too. They can disappear in an instant, if you don't. Like you, I have so many little notes here and there. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many books of notes. There may be something good in there somewhere!

      Delete
  13. We always look forward to your answers and graphics too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1) welcome two de familee grizelda !
    9) one iz hard ta answer N we watch a lotta dee vee deez with the food gurl, even her canna answer thiz
    4) we has ee ezz pea N new yur mom waz gonna say dad
    7) did that cat seer ee uz lee just push that kitteh down thoz starez !!!

    heerz two a round herring kinda week oh end ~~~~~~~~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) Grizelda thanks you. =^..^=
      9) I knew you might have a hard time with this.
      4) how did you know?! *wink*
      7) Yes. HUGS, guys. We love you & Food Gurl.

      Delete
  15. I'm sorry you're still having Internet connection issues.

    I have always liked Betty Davis, too. Her movies were always very interesting and some very emotional.

    It's the same with me. If a poem comes to me and I don't get it written down right away, it is gone forever. I figure that just means Heavenly Father only meant it for me. Once, I repeated a poem over and over in my head for over 30 miles until I could get home and write it down. We'd been to another town for dinner with Davey and it came to me there. Surprisingly, I did remember it and got it written down, but I couldn't talk the whole trip back because I was too busy repeating the poem over and over to myself. :)

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done that, too. going over and over a thought or topic until I get to paper and pencil. It happens a lot.
      One of my favourite Bette Davis movies is Dark Victory. *tears*

      Delete
  16. "To err is human ..." Hahahaha. Ain't that the truth!
    I don't think I saw many movies with Bette Davis in them ... but I'm on a mission now ...
    I loved seeing your answer about your husband as your best friend ... I love the story from your anniversary post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Annie, these were tough fill-ins this week. I'm not sure I did them justice. I have to do the same as you with writing ideas done for poems and blogs. If it takes me more than a few minutes to get to a place to do that, it's GONE. I am so thankful to have my husband as my friend as well. He always has my back, but so does my friend, Mary Jane. I am very fortunate to have them both and friends like you. Love, prayers and hugs, janet

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cat pushing the other one down the stairs is funny. I agree that we cannot let what others mean as hurt to actually hurt us. I always just say, "Consider the source."

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are difficult fill-ins. I like old movies so maybe something from Casablanca.
    For number 4: The best chocolate is dark.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your second fill-in is both beautiful and wise, Annie! I feel the same way about Tracey. :)

    And I do find as I get older that writing things down helps. Lots!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Annie,

    Bette Davis was a classy dame! Although my oldest friends are from kindergarten my true best friend is DH. I've failed so many times to write down things that pop in my mind and I continue to do it. I try to rely on my memory which isn't working too good for me. I guess I need to change this if I want to use inspired words floating around in my brain. That kitty gif at the end cracked me up! Thanks for hosting. I'm a little late linking up but I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Annie, you may want to mention to Ellen her site isn't working. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete