Friday, June 30, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 60


We are happy you are here for another week of friendly sharing! As always, you can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. On Fridays, we post the linky for sharing. The first two fill-ins are always provided by Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. You are welcome to answer in the comments, but if you link up, even more people can share!

The weather is unstable right now, stormy and a mixture of everything. Well, not snow, but hail! I don’t mind, as I really do like all of the weather to be what it is supposed to be like. Then, I can act accordingly. I hope you are all enjoying Summer in your own happy way.

I hope you had fun with the fill-ins. I think that I did! Here they are:

1. My next book will be assorted writing: poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction. I have no idea if or when that will happen, but, that is my thinking. I try to continue to grow as a person and as a writer. Thank you to those who take the time to read, comment, support, and encourage me with my poems and stories. Your thoughts are priceless to me. HUGS.


2. Fireworks are dangerous for all living things. Please, please, take precautions. Before sunset, confine your pets to a secure, safe, comfortable area. (You might want to confine those who are doing the fireworks. Just sayin’.) For those confined, you could put on music or the TV to help muffle the scary sounds. Always, check on pets periodically. Please have a safe celebration for everyone.


3. This week, I am thankful that Kenzie has a chipmunk friend. Twig lives in the woodpile out back. Kenzie loves him. I am thankful that he seems to like her, too. I wonder if Twig is related to the one she saved last year. That one was quite big and got stuck in the rain gutter downspout. Kenzie came and got me, frantic that something was very wrong! I ran to see what she was upset about and heard him scrambling in the pipe. We saved him! Stella coexists quietly with the backyard critters. Two years ago, she had a skunk friend; but, that is another story.


4. Freedom is something that should never be taken for granted. No one has the right to do what they want, so I do believe that freedom is a privilege. I also think that many take it for granted. Americans need to remember that a price was paid for what they call freedom. It was not handed to us without responsibility. We are supposed to protect our country and each other, to preserve the freedoms that were hard-won for us: Americans.



~Happy Independence Day!~


Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments.  
  

22 comments:

  1. Super duper filling in this week......am about to visit everyone else but one thing I bet I see EVERYWHERE is a warning to be careful with fireworks. We say Happy Birthday America but with a healthy dose of PEACE AND QUIET!

    Hugs, Teddy and Mom too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent answers, yes, our critters need to be protected during firework displays. We don't live close to any of the large shows, and the smaller fireworks people set off around here don't seem to bother any of our cats except Horizon. He hides under our bed.

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie,

    I've had a cat or two to give me "constructive feedback" in my life. That's not a pleasant experience. I always knew I was wrong and a bit bloody. You're right FREEdom isn't free. Anyone who disrespects the American flag and all she stands for need to leave this country. Too much blood was shed to give the arrogant, selfless, unappreciative individuals all the liberties they freely enjoy today. Respect and responsibility are vital to keeping this great land free. God bless and Happy Birthday America🇺🇸!! 🎆

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers...our #2 and #3 were very similar. I really dislike fireworks and they've already started gearing up for July 4th. We'll be closing all our windows and running the a/c. Some of our cats don't mind it, but some do. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's cute that Kenzie has a little chipmunk friend. :-) Fortunately for us, there are usually no fireworks near us, so are animals are spared the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful answers, as always. I love hearing about your writing endeavors. I, too, enjoy writing, and I hope to kick myself in gear and actually finish a piece in the next few months. And our answers on freedom are identical - freedom is a gift which should not be taken for granted. Thank you for hosting these fantastic fill-ins each week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers Annie as usual. I love seeing all the glorious colors in Fireworks but I could do without when I think of the noise they make to scare the animals and also for all the chemicals that falls in the water because the firework is usually done near water in most cities.
    Today we are celebrating Canada 150 years Birthday.
    Your next book sounds A new book sounds like a great idea.
    Smiles & hugs.
    julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I'm awake now... we will be celebrating Canada 's 150th Birthday tomorrow on July 1st on Canada Day.
      Julia

      Delete
  8. I agree with you so much on #2. That's an important message. That is wonderful about your writing. Yes, it seems that many in our country take freedom for granted. It's such shame that people don't realize how blessed we are and how so many in other counties are suffering. There's an entitlement instead of realizing what a privilege we have. You put it so well that our freedoms were hard-won for us.

    I hope you have a safe & happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answers, as always. We think so much alike. I love the patriotic kitty afraid of fireworks, so cute.
    I look forward to your next book. I completely agree with #'s 2 and 4. And that is so sweet that Kenzie rescued a chipmunk last year and has another one for a friend. Have a wonderful weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful answers.

    Great on your new book.

    FREEDOM is EVERYTHING!!

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! Your comment about confining those who do fireworks made me laugh. It never fails that people disobey the law around here and set them off anyway--that and shooting off guns in the air. I am so glad Twig is safe! I miss having a dog.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good questions and I enjoyed reading your own answers. We already have fireworks popping around our neighborhood at night. We like seeing all the pretty colors, but I know the poor animals are terrified. Best wishes on your book! Happy 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. guyz....we iz crackin UP at number two....for sure peepulz SHULD bee con fined....fora like a loooooong azz time; knot all oh em...just 98 purr cent oh em ☺☺☺ ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Constructive feedback ... ur doin it wrong."
    Hahahahaha. We all have those days, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute kitty in the bucket. I would add that if you are shooting your own fireworks to keep a fire extinguisher handy as well as buckets of water and/or sand. I once almost burnt down our store lighting fireworks. A good hose or two would be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As always, very well thought out fill-ins. Can't wait for your new book. I'd love to see Kenzie with that chipmunk. Love, hugs and prayers. How are the girls doing? XO, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore the feedback photo and the chipmunk one as well as my most favorites-- although all of them are favorites. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are so excited about your new book, Annie. We do love your writing, and a mix of writing sounds terrific! We hear you about fireworks ... they're loud for US, and we can't even imagine how much they freak out animals (pets and wildlife).

    That chipmunk photo made me LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great fill in responses! We don't like fireworks much either. Not only are they noisy and annoying...they are dangerous...unless handled by properly trained people.

    ReplyDelete
  20. If this is a duplicate comment just delete it...having wi-fi problems. Anyway, fireworks are skeery and we have a lot of them around here and not just the 4th of July. The collar looks great on the beautiful Chloe Jo. Sorry that she has been sick hope she is feeling better. Prayers and purrs from the three of us here. How sweet that Kenzie cares for the wild creatures. What discipline you must have to be writing a book. Not something I will do. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think that you do a fine job with your poetry and am happy that your share it with us here.

    Have a blessed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete