Friday, July 7, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 61


We are happy you are here for another week of friendly sharing! As always, you can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. On Fridays, we post the linky for sharing. The first two fill-ins are always provided by Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. You are welcome to answer in the comments, but if you link up, even more people can share!

I want to thank everyone for their continued support and prayers for Chloe Jo. She has spent most of this last week at the vet clinic. We hope to have her completed test results by this weekend. She has had a very rough time. It is heartbreaking when you cannot make them better, no matter how hard they believe you can…or how much you want to.

I hope that everyone survived the fireworks. Kenzie got through it with the help of all of us, especially Stella. Now, we just have the long, hot, lazy days of Summer. There are a lot of flowers to enjoy, bugs to watch, and things to explore. This weekend, the plan is to eradicate the north yard of the new-to-us invasive wild parsnip. It is poisonous, nasty, and quite big. Wish me luck!

I hope you enjoy your weekend doing something that makes you feel accomplished…even if it is just weeding your garden. Hugs!

Here are my completed fill-ins:

1. My favorite line from a film is very difficult to narrow down to only one quote. There are a few that I actually use. I love Bette Davis, as Margo Channing in All About Eve. The best quote: “Fasten your seatbelts; it’s going to be a bumpy night.” This certainly fits many situations. However, Bill and I both quote Monty Python a lot. One favourite Holy Grail line is, “It’s just a flesh wound!”, said the Black Knight after losing an arm. Or, there is the famous, “Runaway! Runaway!”, from the killer rabbit. Or, the plea of “I’m not dead (yet)!”, as they try to carry away a man thought to be dead. Let's not forget, "Bring me a shrubbery!", as a form of payment. There are so many great lines in this movie. Our first unofficial date was watching this movie together. We connected over their unique humour. Humour always helps!


2. Other than blogs, a website I visit often is a really unique website called Post Secret. It is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets on a postcard of their own choosing. Many are handmade by the secret holder. There have been a few books published featuring these postcards. They are both heartbreaking and healing in many ways.


3. When I feel down, I find that writing it out is refuge and release. I often listen to music when I write, too. It helps channel my thoughts and feelings, while still allowing my moods to change. Of course, I always have one or more cats and dogs to help me, too!


4. If I could visit another country, I would visit Canada. It has all of the natural elements of terrain that I love. It also has my kind of weather, including the familiar four seasons. Canada also has some people of which I have grown fond. I am not referring to the usual celebrities (though there are some I like). I mean the Canadians who I have gotten to know through blogging. I like the way you think; I like your style! You know who you are. Hugs!



~May you stay busy with loved ones & fun!~

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments.  
  

23 comments:

  1. Stopped by to bring Healing Pawkisses for Cloe Jo and purray for some good news <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I hope Chloe Jo is feeling better....THAT is #1. Secondly, that last graphic with Mom trying her best to reign in her "sliding kittens" is so precious. Moms are great aren't they? Mom wanted to tell you that she was (and still is) a HUGE fan of Monty Python - the MOST creative group of crazies EVER! Happy weekend to all.....thanks for hosting the fill-ins because it's just plain FUN!

    Love, Teddy (and Mom too of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Chloe Jo continues to recover, and good luck with the wild parsnip battle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chloe Jo is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are able to get answers soon and that the prognosis is good. I've had ups and downs with my senior cat, Parker, over the past few years. It's so hard to see them suffering. Good luck with the yard!

    I had a difficult time settling on a movie quote as I'm not much of a quote person. I almost went with "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries" from Monty Python, but decided to stick with a quote from one of my favorite movies.

    I'm not familiar with Post Secret. I'll have to check out the website.

    I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love Monty Python! Why did I not think of any of their great lines when I was choosing my favorite movie quote?? Sending prayers for Chloe Jo. I'm so sorry to hear she had to go back to the hospital for more tests. Hope she comes home soon and the test results are good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WE sure send many purrs and prayers to Chloe Jo. We so hope she can turn the corner and get better. Will be keeping her in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your answers made my day! I love Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and now I think I'll put that on to watch tonight. And I also love to write when I'm down, as it really helps to uplift me. I have my fair share of favorite songs to write to as well. And I am with you about Canada. I would love to visit PEI someday. Thank you for always hosting this fantastic fill-ins challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Chloe Jo was at the vet again this week, I hope you get some answers so she can get the right meds to help her feel better. I love all your answers. The only movie quote I am not familiar with was "bring me a shrubbery", cute kitty saying it too. Canada is the only country I would want to visit and for many of the same reasons as you. I know a little French from 4 years of it in high school ( not that I remember much).
    Post Secret sounds like a wonderful site, I had never heard of it before. Have a nice weekend, I hope Chloe Jo will be home with you and not hospitalized. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great answers, memes and video. Mom couldn't stop watching the video. Mom and Dad have never watched much of Monty Python. Those are some really great quotes. Your weekend does not sound like much fun. Do not overdue. We are sending extra prayers to Chloe Jo. We love you all, and Mom sends you lots of love and prayers. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chloe Jo is in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully the results will give them some answers and they can make her better.

    You came up with good movie lines. My mind was a blank when I saw the question and could only come up with one from Gone With the Wind. Music definitely helps when you are down. I went to Canada once many many years ago and loved it. It was a great trip. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We forgot all about Monty Python! Our mind went blank put now we can think of a ton of great lines from movies we saw.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to look up online to refresh my memory about favorites movie lines and the one that is my favorite was There's no place like home but the first that came to mind was Frankly my dear, I don't give a dammed from Gone with the wind.

    I love that you would like to come to Canada. I'd like that too.

    I never heard of Post Secret until now.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  13. chloe jo, we R sorree yur still havin bass terd dayz.....we hope bye caturday yur aye oh sooooper grate N ya can watch yur mom N dad tryin ta a void de poizon :) YIKEZ !!! continmewed blessings frum st francis; all wayz
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are sending all our love, purrs, prayers and hugs to sweet Chloe Jo. We enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best wishes on the parsnip. I never heard of that one. Yuck. Something took over between my perennials and the house near my front door and I can't get to much of it for fear of trampling my konjac plants. I'll figure something out. Best wishes and prayers to Chloe Jo. As for movie quotes, Monty Python is huge in this house, too. So are many other films. Humor definitely holds this little family together. ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  16. We hope for the very best for Chloe Jo. We got a really big kick out of the memes and the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like we have a couple of things we like in common. I love to read the Post Secrets! Another one I like is the one called 'Found', where they submit notes that have been found from wherever. I also like to write and listen to music at the same time! Wishing you a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck with your wild parsnip adventure. I am praying for Chloe Jo to be completely fine very soon. I' sorry she's so sick.

    The kitty graphics are great as always. So cute.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like poor mama kitty has her paws full on the slide. Thanks for hosting the Fill-ins. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Continued purrs for Chloe Jo.
    I used to listen to music more than I do now. I should change that.
    I hope you win your battle with the parsnip.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Please know we are keeping Chloe Jo and all of you in our thoughts and prayers. <3

    Your fill-ins, as usual, really resonate with me, Annie! Monte Python & the Holy Grail is SO quotable. I love that the line by the enchanter, "Some call me ... Tim." and the bridge of death scene ("What is your favorite color? Blue. No, yellow!").

    Post Secret is fascinating, isn't it?

    We LOVE Canada, and look forward to going back some day. And we, too, look forward to meeting our Canadian blogging pals in person when we do. :)

    Hugs to you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning, and a happy weekend to you. Have I told you lately that I just always adore and (LAUGH) at your kitty cat photos! They are wonderful and usually hilarious!

    ReplyDelete