Friday, July 14, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 62


We are happy you are here for another week of friendly sharing! As always, you can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. On Fridays, we post the linky for sharing. The first two fill-ins are always provided by Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. You are welcome to answer in the comments, but if you link up, even more people can share!

Chloe Jo is feeling more herself. She is responding to her new diet, medication, and routine. She is eating, again. And, just as important, her organs are working almost as they should, now. Those who know her, know that with Chloe Jo, nothing is as it should be. Her bladder is “very tiny”, as Dr. A. says. Her kidneys are not normal in shape or size. Her intestines are irregularly shaped and slow. All of this makes it very hard for her system to process food and waste. Regulating fluids is a chronic and serious problem. As I am typing this, Chloe Jo is in the crook of my left arm, on her back, half-reclined. She likes to sit that and watch TV, too.

I hope your weather has been good. We have had strong storms and heavy rain this week. There is widespread flooding. I am hoping that this humidity and rain will help the peaches get big and ripe soon! Of course, the dogs have had some small ones, already. Thank you, wild critters who pick them and leave them by the tree. We are all very excited about the peaches this year.

Thank you all for being here and being a part of the fill-ins. I am happy that you enjoy them as much as we do! It takes me longer to get around to responding, here and at each link, but I do! I hope you all visit everyone, too. That is why we call it “Friendly Fill-Ins”.

Enjoy your weekend. Do something sweet for someone, just because you care. And, as always, be good to You, too. Hugs.

Okay. Here are my completed fill-ins:
 
1. My inner child is extremely active. She never really got to be a kid, so I try to take care of her. She makes a conscious effort to be good because she believes that God and Grampy are always watching. But, she can be a bit mischievous at times. She loves stories, both hearing and telling them. She loves the Peanuts gang and the Muppets. Nothing makes her happier than a furry critter. She is both in awe of and a bit unnerved by storms but loves clouds and rain. She loves to give and get hugs. Sometimes she talks too much, she but likes to listen, too. She believes there is still good in this world, but that you have to be it to see it.


2. My favourite month is October, whenAutumn is in its full glory. There is no beauty like it. There are the colours, the harvest of pumpkins, cornstalks, straw, and apples, and there are scarecrows, the cool crisp air, fall migration, and a deep sense of wisdom. Yes…bring it on.  


3. My favourite commercial is currently one by Geico, because of the raccoons. I love them! In fact, we quote them often if we don’t care for something. I say, “Oh, this is awful.  Try it. It's like mango, chutney and burnt hair." Bill usually says, “No, I don’t wanna’ try it!” So, I say, “Just try it!” and then, “I can’t get the taste out of my mouth.” I say it all like the raccoon, too!


4. Personally, I don't care for negativity, in any way, shape, or form. But, I also believe that being Utopian is foolish. In fact, I am a die-hard realist. "It is what it is." But, I truly believe that when one is negative, it makes things so much worse. You become unreachable, unapproachable. And, you bring yourself down, which is defeatist. If you are inclined to give up, you cannot receive help, and certainly not a miracle. You will also miss valuable lessons if you are not open to the powers that be. You don’t know what the universe holds, only your interpretation of it. It comes down to faith. Negativity is contagious, but so are hope and faith. Be the change. 



~May you always see the beauty in this world!~

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments. 

48 comments:

  1. I think the raccoons are adorable, too, and your kitty images are great, as always, Annie.

    Have a blessed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne. I am glad you like the critter images. Humour is good! Hugs.

      Delete
  2. As usual, the cat pictures are cute and funny. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...once again I love your cartoons.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Annie, my Mom says if SHE'd filled in today instead of letting ME do it, her responses would have echoed much of what you said. We love reading your fill-ins on Fridays........

    Love and Hugs, Teddy and Mom too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear Chloe Jo is feeling better, it sounds like you do a great job taking care of your inner child, and i agree we need to "quit with the negative waves, man!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mimi. Chloe Jo and I are works in progress! Hugs.

      Delete
  6. October...yes! I think that is the best month. And negativity is such a waste of energy. I hope Chloe Jo continues to do well, with her "custom-made" organs and all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Custom made! I like that! She is unique, but to know her is to love her. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Great answers. I'm amused that your inner child is mischievous. I never knew that... Oh my goodness, that raccoon commercial is some cute. I hadn't seen it before. No wonder it's your favorite. I love talking animals. I wish animals could talk, don't you?

    I think October is a favorite of a lot of people.

    To me negativity and politics are pretty well on par.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Julia. I have stories of my naughty ways. Nothing serious or bad, just funny. *wink*

      Animals do talk! You just have to listen. I am sure the cows tell you things. And, you listen.

      Amen to negativity and politics. It makes people mean.

      HUGS, my friend!

      Delete
  8. My mom will answer here if that is OK: 1. My inner child is always there. I still have a sense of wonder and delight and I still wake, look at myself in the mirror and wonder what happened?

    2. My favorite month is April. Its Spring, the weather is just warm enough to delight and the flowers are out.

    3. I love most of the Angie's List commercials. They are funny! That tall guy one cracks me up.

    4. Personally, I don't care for television programming at all. Not even the "usual".

    Kisses to all the babies, woofies and kitties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see #1 in you. xo
      I like April, but October more!
      I am very selective with TV. I do like the music stations, too!
      XO!

      Delete
  9. Excellent answers. Best wishes and hugs to Chloe Jo. And hurray for plump peaches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were here, I would share those peaches with you! Watch for a post! HUGS!

      Delete
  10. Drat I put the wrong # on the fill-ins again. I love your answers, Our first 2 are very similar. Cute commercial, I had never seen that before. I try to avoid the commercials by using the dvr, but if I forget and have to pull something up through Comcast then we are forced to watch them. I feel the same way about negativity too. I try to always be positive.
    I am glad Chloe Jo is feeling better, she had a tough week last week. I am sure she feels better just being home with you. Have a great weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think very much alike. You are the little sister I always wanted. I dislike most commercials, but love the critter ones and a few select others, like Flo. I know you try to stay positive; me, too. Some people are only "happy" when they are miserable. *wink*

      Delete
  11. I always enjoy your answers! I also love October, and quite dislike negativity. Prayers and purrs to you and Chloe Jo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is sad that some people thrive on negative energy; sometimes, just their own. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. We loved your answers and we're so happy that Chloe Jo is doing some better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you don't mind, I would love to send her a prayer and light a candle in her behalf. She is lucky to have you, dear friend. Blessings!

    Claudia
    http://avalon-media.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love for you to do that. Thank you. I think I am blessed by her, the rest of the critters, and dear friends like you. ❤

      Delete
  14. awwwwwwwww...de last fotoz looks like gram paw dude ♥♥♥♥

    chloe joe we iz BUZZED happee yur doin sew good; keep eatin what cha gotta eat N drinkin what cha gotta drink N de next time yur at de eeeeeeeeeevil place itz coz ya just....stopped.....in.....ta.....say....HI ~~~ ♥♥♥

    ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grampaw! That is a nice memory. Chloe Jo says Thank you. We are working on getting her on track. She is so sweet about it, too. HUGS.

      Delete
  15. Interesting answers. I've seen several people mention that Geico commercial. It is amusing.

    I agree with you about October being an enjoyable month. Here the heat is usually gone and you can enjoy the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not do heat well, at all. I love Autumn.

      Delete
  16. Hope it isn't too bad with the flooding up your way! Glad Chloe Jo is feeling a bit better. They are so sweet when they sit with you. ... I like your answers! Fall/autumn is the best time of year, I agree. :) Thanks for the questions this week, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have flooding all around us. We are on a bluff, so are okay.Thanks for joining us.

      Delete
  17. I picked Geico too. They are always so clever. :)

    I hate negativity too. My husband drives me nuts with his negativity.

    ENJOY your weekend, and thanks for hosting.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geico is clever. Great marketing, though I am not swayed by commercials. Negativity is a problem. I would rather be part of the solution. Hugs.

      Delete
  18. Annie, your fill-ins are always thoughtful. #4 was perfect. No matter what bad thing happens, I always try to see some good in it. I wasn't always like this. I was a huge pessimist and life wasn't nearly as good. Such great news about Chloe Jo. I can just picture her resting in the crook of your arm. Sending prayers and love to all, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Sometimes people get offended when people try to be positive. They think the person does not understand. But, maybe they do! They may care and just want the person to see the good in their own life! Maybe the positive person is speaking from experience.

      Things can always be worse. So, we need to focus on the good while you have it. Cherish it. We have to look around us, and pick out the good. Don't waste it. Learn what you need to, and then keep going. If we change our attitude, we can change ourselves...and maybe even a piece of the world. HUGS, dear friend.

      Delete
  19. I'm glad Chloe Jo is eating again and feeling better. Pop said the new Geico ads are terrible. They should bring the raccoons back.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad Chloe Jo is feeling better. When Bear doesn't feel good, he prefers to be in my arms too. It really hits the feels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure does. Hugs to you, Bear, and your new little girl!

      Delete
  21. Good to hear Chloe Jo is home and in your arms. I know you both feel better now. Interesting that you can talk like a raccoon or that you even know how a raccoon talks. I have a problem with negativity, too. Nothing good can come out of it. Really a waste of time and energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia, of course I know how raccoons talk! I watched their commercial! *wink* You are so right about negativity. It goes nowhere that I want to be. Hugs.

      Delete
  22. I'm so happy your girl is feeling better but sorry she's having to deal with so much. That raccoon commercial cracks me up too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad Chloe Jo is doing better. Sounds like she is a trouper. Your fill-ins are just great.

    ReplyDelete
  24. We always enjoy reading your fill in responses. :)

    And we're glad Chloe Jo is doing well and the medication and diet is helping her. We continue to send her lots of purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hugs to Chloe Jo and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. We're so glad Chloe Jo is feeling better. We always keep her (and you) in our purrs, prayers and thoughts!

    Great answers, as always, Annie. I especially liked your fill in for number four. Positivity, faith and hope are powerful, and contagious, indeed.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete