Friday, July 21, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 63


We are happy you are here for another week of friendly sharing! As always, you can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. On Fridays, we post the linky for sharing. The first two fill-ins are always provided by Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. You are welcome to answer in the comments, but if you link up, even more people can share!

We are fast approaching the “Dog Days” of Summer. Sorry, Cat Friends. Ask Chloe Jo and her Dog, Stella. It is true. I hope you are staying cool and comfortable, whether you have fur or not. Personally, I look forward to Autumn.

The Summer heat here has been miserable. It has also spawned heavy rain storms. We have had historic flooding. Living on a Chain-of -Lakes, flooding is a very real problem for many. One day last week, we got 8” of rain. It came fast and hard, in a matter of hours. The rivers, channels, and lakes are still high. We are expecting more rain, too.

Maggie is holding her own. She is still her sweet, loving self. Chloe Jo is beginning to feel more relaxed. Thank you for your prayers. I believe in the powers within. Thank you for your friendship, too. There are powers in that, too. It helps to know that others care. None of us are perfect, so acceptance and friendship are priceless gifts. Thank you. Please know that I care, too.

I have been writing a lot. I plan to share my dog stories here very soon. After that, I plan to share my cat stories. I have learned so much from each one. I believe that is worth sharing. I hope you will enjoy them, too. 

We have a busy weekend of errands and chores planned. Please know that I will be by to visit as soon as I have computer time. I hope you enjoy a blessed weekend of whatever makes you happy. Hugs.

Okay, here are my completed fill-ins:

1. My favourite thing on my daily to-do list is talking to Bill. We always talk first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, as well as in-between. He is on the road 5-6 days a week, every week. His job as a trucker exposes him to many dangerous situations. He drives 53’ trailers, Conestogas, and flatbeds filled with steel. This adds another level of worry to a trucker's already dangerous job. Knowing that he is safe and well is critical. Once I know he is okay, I can go on with my day.


 2. My least favourite thing on my daily to-do list is making phone calls. It is worse when it is any kind of business. Too often, I have to speak to several people, be put on hold, and then have to explain all over to the next person…only to end up disconnected and forced to start over. *Good grief.*


3. I could really do without hot and humid weather. Really; I could live without it entirely. I just don't breathe well in this kind of weather. But, this too, shall pass. I don't give up easily. *wink* Humour sustains me.


4. I would love to have more free time for Bill. He needs more time to have fun, do things at a relaxed pace, and sometimes, just do what he would like to do. It seems he rarely gets to do things like that. Hopefully, that will improve in the near future.


~Stay safe in this Summer heat!~

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments.  
  

40 comments:

  1. You always have such wonderful answers. I admire truckers like your husband. It is such an important job, albeit a tough one, I'm sure. Tell Bill that I am so thankful for what he does! Also, I agree with you 100% on both #2 and #3. I am not the kind of person who enjoys phone calls either. And neither do I enjoy this heat and humidity. I am eagerly awaiting autumn, that's for sure! Thank you for hosting this always fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are here, too. Thank you for joining us each week. Bill & I appreciate your kind words about trucking, too. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. The heat is getting difficult to bear, and i do hope your wonderful husband gets a break soon. It's not easy being a trucker, i have a lot of respect for those who do that difficult job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. Stay cool down there! HUGS.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of rain...hope you are all safe where you are :) I have an uncle who drove truck for years and years (recently retired). It's a hard life, and hard on the family. Take care in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roby. We are getting storms as I type this. All the best to your uncle. And to you! Hugs.

      Delete
  4. We say BRAVO for your husband the trucker - they keep things moving out on the road which is not always a "friendly" place but without truckers and trains - we'd be without MUCH of the stuff we "simply can't do without" ! Love your filling in but Mom says she ALWAYS sees your responses and wishes she'd said that too! HAHAHA Happy Friday and thanks for hosting the fill-ins. We're also VERY HAPPY Maggie is holding her own as is Chloe Jo......

    Love, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Guys & Mom. We appreciate your words about truckers. It is true: everything you use, eat, wear, etc. got there by a trucker. They even take the things to the trains and from trains to warehouses. Thank you for realizing that! You rock. HUGS.

      Delete
  5. Great Fill-in answers! Sorry we haven't been around much lately, our Dad's been in the hospital.
    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We know. We are so sorry. We are praying for your dad, and for all of you. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Great answers , I had the same for #3. I can't imagine how much you must worry about Bill on the road, it is good you get to talk often by phone. I don't let David go more than an hour away without me. I am not a phone person either except with my Mom. I look forward to your stories. I am glad Maggie and Chloe Jo are doing as well as they can and not getting worse. Have a nice weekend and try to keep cool ! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Bill is home, we go everywhere together. He insists on it. Thanks for caring about us. HUGS.

      Delete
  7. Bless you and Bill. I should follow your example and not take my relationship for granted like I'm prone to do. May he be safe and get more free time soon. I agree about business calls. That's one thing my partner takes care of often (one of many blessings). I need to go write a story I dreamed last night now! My dream self actually sobbed watching (reading?) a complete tragic love story play out (!) and it will be a blast filling in *those* blanks. ~grin~ Nice fill-in questions, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never take your partner for granted. That dream sounds interesting. Hugs!

      Delete
  8. I'm with you on making those phone calls. It's ridiculous the hoops they make you go through, just to get to an actual person! ... Looking forward to your dog and cat stories (I saw the one about Velvet) :) ... Wishing you a lovely (not too hot) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will meet Velvet soon. She is special, even in memory. Hugs!

      Delete
  9. hahaha...love the cartoons.

    We are bothered by heat but forest fires. Some days the smoke is so thick mom won't let me outside. It is better today. Over 9,000 peeps have evacuated their homes and are in this city. The number of evacuees is in the 10's of 1,000's. Hopefully all the fires burning will be contained.


    Shoko and Kali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prayers for those in the area of the fires. That is scary and so destructive. Stay safe. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Flooding is an issue down here, too. Thankfully, at least for our area, it has been a good summer in that regard.

    The kitty graphics are cute as always, especially the kitty with the water sprayer.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay safe. Take care with all of Summer's heat, humidity, and other factors. Thanks for joining us each week. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. We sure enjoyed your answers and purrs to your sweeties. When our phone rings most of us run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! When Dad calls, the kids all recognize his ringer. They run to the kitchen so he can give them treats, with mom's help.

      Delete
  12. I hope Bill gets some time off! He-- and you both--deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We are looking into other positions for Bill. HUGS.

      Delete
  13. I hate phone calls too ... I try to do as much as I can by e-mail. I hate the hassle of waiting and then getting someone who doesn't listen - or even worse - doesn't care! And more and more, you don't even get a chance to talk to an actual person anymore! One can get lost forever in those endless recorded menus!

    ReplyDelete
  14. guys....we hope dad getz ta start travelin less N bee in home mor two ~~~~~~~~ thatz all wayz a crapper N we iz knot talkin toy letz....984 paz crossed de tempz cool down N heerz two a grate week oh end ~ ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love you & Food Service Girl. Thank you for being here. HUGS.

      Delete
  15. Hi Annie, I'm so glad that you have this communication going with Bill while he's on the road. Staying connected while apart is very important. I so wish that you two could be together all the time as it's obvious, you are soul mates.

    I hate making phones calls too and I hate answering the phone. I much prefer face to face conversations. I never have problem with face to face conversation. I guess, it's because we didn't had a phone when I was young.

    I'm not a fan of hot humid weather because I can't sleep well and I get very sleepy around 10:00am because i'm up early in the morning. his year, I can tolerate the heat much better than before but humidity is still a villain. I turn on the kitchen fan to such up the humidity outside.

    I wish the same thing for my husband and I. At our age, we never have time to do things together because of our busy daily schedule, 7 days of the week. I'm starting to feel burnt out.

    I'm still unable to post on my blog and receive emails on my old email because Google has made me change my email address. Nothing is working as it should.
    Hugs, Julia





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, you are so sweet. I agree with you. I love one-to-one conversations. There is no guessing on what someone means. It is all right there. I am thankful for other communications, when needed, though. I agree with you about weather and sleep. True! I hope you & hubby get to rest and relax together, soon. You deserve it! PLEASE keep me posted about your blog & email! I hope it gets fixed! HUGS!!

      Delete
  16. Sounds like mini-monsoon season with 8 inches of rain! Your answers show your priorities - your husband and valuing your (or both of your) time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time should be spent wisely, and together. Youare right. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. Ohhhhhh....I LOVE the hot weather. :)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful that you and Bill can talk throughout the day. How difficult it must have been for travelers before cell phones. The heat and humidity here has been awful. Not sure why is seems worse than past years but I am ready for cool 80* days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cat at the wheel, it's gonna be a kitty take over! I just had to laugh at the thought if one really caught this sight on the open road! Thanks for making me smile and laugh this morning, your cat photos are always a joy to see! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great responses. We send lots of purrs to Bill and hope he stays safe on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We didn't do our fill-ins until today, Annie. I totally agree with both your #2 and #3. If we don' get a break in this heat sometime soon, I am going to expire. My body cannot regulate it's temperature because of my disease. Kitties do not understand that, of course, and want to sit on me regardless of the temperature. Sending love, hugs and prayers, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your answers are always so thoughtful, Annie. We are not fans of hot, humid weather, either. Heat is fine, but when the humidity is added in ... ugh.

    Glad to hear that Maggie is holding her own, and that Chloe Jo is feeling more relaxed. Sending you all purrs and prayers and love!

    ReplyDelete