Wednesday, July 26, 2017

How I Am Spending My Summer Vacation


Summer is always a busy time. As you know, I am editing, and hopefully improving, my collection of dog stories. Cat stories will follow. Thank you to those who read and commented on Velvet’s story. I appreciate your thoughts more than I can say. Each essay is a labour of love, and each one wrecks me in a different way to relive it. I never feel that I have done that special dog the recognition that they so well deserve. I miss each one deeply. Velvet was the first. She set the standard for me.

Along with my dog stories, I am also working on the usual things. There is endless yard work, health issues, my critters, and misc. rescue critters. And, there is poetry, stories, writing challenges, photos, and blog posts. I aim to keep things positive. A thankful heart and soul is a positive one. Those who know me know that I am sincere and mean no harm. No judging here; to each their own. I blog about what moves me, and that encompasses many things.

In fact, a special project has evolved from a very old blog post. Currently, I am doing research for this very special upcoming post. The project is time-consuming, but it means a great deal to me and certain others, too. I hope to have all of the information soon, so I can finish it and post it here. 

Please know that I may be slow to comment or respond, but that I am reading and enjoying your posts. My desktop keyboard died, so I am using my laptop. I am thankful for that! I plan to replace the main keyboard this weekend. I keep everything on the desktop, so I need to be able to get back in there. Oy.

So, there you have it…how I am spending my Summer Vacation. I am busy, in mostly good ways. I hope that you are, too. As we move into August, enjoy the end of Summer. Stay safe and cool. Be good to You.

23 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you are doing what you love to do. That's the best way to spend any time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying, Patty. I agree with you. HUGS!

      Delete
  2. We really look forward to whatever you are working on because we love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, guys. Sometimes I feel I should focus on one or two things, but my Inner Child is too curious about so many things! She likes to share, too. HUGS.

      Delete
  3. You are seizing each and every day! Bravo, keep that writer's pen moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really working on that. I get discouraged, but I feel better when I do it. HUGS, my friend.

      Delete
  4. You have me intrigued. I wish you the best of health and happiness. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...good. I think you will like this researched post. It has really evolved. It is a mystery, too! Hugs!

      Delete
  5. Hi Annie, I'm glad that you are finally making this project a reality. I know it's important to you and you will feel a great satisfaction for doing this. It's a great way of spending your vacation time.

    I'm sorry for being away but I had such difficulty with blogger, my email and getting my contacts back. I couldn't post and read my reading list on Blogger but my daughter Christine finally got it all fixed for me.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! Thank you, Christine! Julia, you were missed. It was hard to wait-and-see. I am glad you are back. Please catch me up! HUGS.

      Delete
  6. No story can ever to do a life justice, but your story about Velvet recounted what an integral part of your life she was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was...and remains so. She taught me everything I needed to start rescue work. She gave me the reasons. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. if the work involves the above photo; awesome; that cook stove is amazing; I hope it's yours and not something you or bill saw and just captured it on film ~~~~~~ !! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it belongs to a friend of ours. Up North, these are still fairly common, so, it is a goal! Hugs.

      Delete
  8. It sounds like a great way to spend a summer, busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plot thickens, too. More on that in a post in the next day or so. Hugs!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for the update. I enjoyed Velvet's story and look forward to all your dog and cat stories. Every pet is unique and teaches us something different. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Each of my furkids have taught me something valuable but different. And, I am better for each one. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like an interesting and worthwhile project- can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That does sound like a great way to spend the summer with lots of interesting things to do. Nothing better than the stories that our furkids teach us. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like a summer full of whatever life is bringing your way, Annie. We love how your writing so often speaks to our souls, so we're looking forward to reading what it is you're working on (as always!).

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you for editing your dog stories. I did an audit of my blog and it's amazing to go back and read my posts. I did a lot of editing and trashing and saving for a rewrite. I look forward to your dog stories and your cat stories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your summer vacation is ideal. I'd like to get some of my writings, especially my poetry, in order. I was looking for a poem last night that was published in the 80s. Too bad I can't remember in which journal. Keep up all that writing. I love reading all of it. Sending lots of hugs, love and prayers, Janet

    ReplyDelete