Friday, August 11, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 66


We are happy you are here for another week of friendly sharing! As always, you can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. On Fridays, we post the linky for sharing. The first two fill-ins are always provided by Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. You are welcome to answer in the comments, but if you link up, even more people can share!

We have been keeping busy with the minions. And, they are busy developing distinctly different personalities. Bonnie is spunky, emotional, and a bit impulsive. Clyde is a cuddler, loves to purr, and is much more easy going. They love to eat, be held, and they both love kisses. 

Bill will definitely be making some job moves. He is changing trucking companies, but will still be long-haul. He is going back to refrigerated (food) delivery. Hopefully, he will be able to have some more normal home time. It is not easy to be a truck driver, especially an over-the-road trucker. It is not just a "job"; it is a lifestyle. Time away from home is very difficult. 

I hope you enjoyed the Friendly Fill-Ins this week. They always make me contemplate myself and life. I never have my own answers until I sit down to write them out. When we come up with the fill-in statements, we try to offer ways to share and get to know each other. I appreciate that each of us thinks in our own way, and bring our own experiences here to share. Thank you for being part of this weekly challenge. You make this what it is.

Enjoy your weekend. Wherever you are, whatever you do, may you stay safe and be happy.

Here are my completed fill-ins:

1. Blind dates were never really popular in my circle of friends. I did know a couple of guys who always wanted me to fix them up with my friends, though. I think being a matchmaker can be just as uncomfortable as being part of the "match".


2. Many years ago, I realized that I am a work in progress. Some may even say I'm a piece of work! *wink* But, that is okay, because we are all works in progress.  The more I learn about myself, the more I am able to understand others. With that, I am better able to appreciate our similarities and accept our differences. We learn; we grow. 


3. I admire Mother Teresa because she taught hope, faith, and love by example. Her heartfelt legacy is for all of humanity. Completely poor, she had no worldly possessions. Yet, she never complained. She gave of herself in complete faith, never asking for anything in return. She lived a life of service for God. I am thankful for her guidance.


4. When people rant, it makes me think of better ways to communicate. Blustery tirades and diatribes have become commonplace. You see this every day and hear it on the news. But, these are one-sided and therefore dead-ends. They solve nothing. Communication is a two-way venture leading to understanding, and even to the possibility of change. That, in turn, offers an opportunity to work together for a common good.



Come on...
"Let's Work Together"

 Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. 
Or, you can answer in the comments.   

36 comments:

  1. I hope your husband will be happier in his new job. I have never been on a blind date either. Can't say I ever asked, thinking back on it. I agree with you; I think we are all a work in progress and will be our entire lives.

    I think there are different kind of rants, and some are healthy, whereas others are not--like the ones you describe.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good wishes for Bill's new job. We appreciate that. Reinventing himself after the economic crash has been a difficult adjustment. He used to be corporate.
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear your hubby is taking a new job which will afford him more time at home. Has to be tough missing him all the time! Love your filling in today as I totally identify with ALL of your answers....as for the blind date thing - I never in all my life would have thought I'd meet anyone that way but amazingly, I did - my hubby! It's where I learned the statement "NEVER SAY NEVER" because it was not on my radar to ever date that way. LOL Here's to peace in this crazy world of ours.....and a healthy dose of kindness too. Happy weekend.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not surprised that you relate tomy answers, Pam. I love that you met your hubby on a blind date. It seems quite a few did that! I met Bill through a friend; intereesting story, too!
      Peace & kindness...YES! Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Hehehe, i'm a piece of work, too! Sweetie says so.

    It's wonderful that your husband is making a positive change in his work. My hat is off to long haul truckers, and their families back home.

    Too many people don't want to listen any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, you are right. So many people are yelling that few are listening. Every time some feels slighted, they fly off on others instead of trying to work it out and understand the other side. I don't like rants. I prefer discussions, dialogs, and kindness. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Thinking about your answer to #2: I used to think one day I'd be grown up & have it all together & everything would be hunky dory forever. Ha! Sometime in my 30s I realized I'll never "get it all together"--there's always more to learn, disappointments to get through, appliances to break down, mistakes to make... Highs & lows are part of life, and that's ok--imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Roby, you nailed it! This is it, exactly! This is life. We don't always get over things, but we move on because we are supposed to. I believe what doesn't kill us makes us stronger...if we let it. HUGS.

      Delete
  5. What wonderful answers, as always. I can relate so very much to your answer to #2. I am always a work in progress, and I'm okay with that. And I love your answer to #3! Mother Teresa is such an inspiration. Thank you for always hosting these fantastic fill-ins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being part of the fill-ins. I am always glad you are here. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad that Bill will be changing trucking company and I hope the he will be able to be home more often.

    I agree, we are all works in progress, especially me.

    Mother Theresa was one of a kind. She was genuine.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnks, Julia. Hugs from both of us! You are special.

      Delete
  7. More Bill at home time would be terrific as were your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, guys. We look forward to more family time!

      Delete
  8. TW is a big fan of Mother Teresa. The U.S. congress needs to read your #4. Working together makes things happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, TW, good for you. Mother Teresa was instrumental in my converting to Catholicism when I was a teen. She has always been a saint, so I was moved to see her canonized. Congress: YES! Just do your job, people. Hugs!

      Delete
  9. I always enjoy your answers and the photos you put with them. I love the Mother Teresa quotes, she was a very wise woman. I rarely go on Facebook because of all the ranting and we no longer watch the news either because it is all one-sided. I think most of us are works in progress, we are constantly learning from experience and changing from that, how boring life would be if we didn't. Have a wonderful weekend. I look forward to more photos of Bonnie and Clyde. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rants are a big reason why people are at odds: too much me, me, me. I truly do not like FB, for the reasons you said. I agree. People are supposed to evolve as we grow and age. We are supposed to be getting ready for The Rainbow that takes us Home. Photos of B & C coming this weekend. HUGS, dear friend.

      Delete
  10. Nice song! I enjoyed that. And excellent comments. I have tremendous admiration for Mother Teresa, too, by the way. What an amazing human being. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darla. This is their best song, I think. Mother Teresa was truly a blessing. Hugs!

      Delete
  11. guyz....we will bee bak soon az we go look up N see how oxygen N potassuimz date went ~~~~ ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a couple of blind dates back in the day and they weren't so bad. Agree about Mother Theresa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopefully Bill's new job will be positive for everyone.
    I love the first graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sure hope Bill's new job will allow him to be home more. He's such a hard worker and I can imagine how hard it is for him to be away so much and driving a big truck on top of it.

    Yes, there is so much anger and arguing and that gets nothing done except grow the hate. It's awful.

    Mother Teresa was so amazing and such a good example!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie Bear. I am gladyou visited today. HUGS.

      Delete
  15. My favorite part of the quote from Mother Teresa is "it's between you and God ..." I hate that so many people think that just because someone hurt you - you can hurt them back. "But she did ..." It's a CHOICE. You're STILL choosing to hurt someone. Most of the things I regret when I was younger was my response to hurt from others. I like to think I finally learned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Amen. You difinitely got what I did there. It is always between the person and God. Aways. And just because you can do something does not mean you should. People strike out too much, thinking about how they have been hurt or wronged. We should not always think the worst. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Your cat pictures are always cute. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The kitties with the toilet paper are adorable. They remind me of our two youngest, always working together to get into things.

    My daddy was a long-haul trucker for awhile. He was snowbound in Oklahoma for 6 weeks one Christmas when I was little. It is hard on everyone, all that time away. I hope things go better for you both with this job change.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is better when done together.
      I am glad your dad was okay and safe. Bill has been through tornadoes in OK, TX, and AR, and blizzards in NE, IA, MO, and east in NH, NY, and Boston. He is pretty tough, too.
      Thanks, Suzanne.

      Delete
  18. We're so glad Bill is switching trucking companies, and hope it does bring a greater amount of regular home time for you all!

    Mother Teresa's life was amazing. I am humbled and awed by her life's decisions and her life of serving those who could give nothing in return.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Annie, you always have the very best completions...thoughtful and true to you. Loved that poster as well. We should all have that hanging where we can read it every morning. Mother Teresa was an incredible human being. Great selection! Love, hugs and prayers, Janet

    ReplyDelete