Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Six Words for August


Every month, Eli of Coach Daddy hosts a "Six Words" challenge. He poses a question for us to answer in just six words. Eli says it was inspired by the great Ernest Hemingway, who felt that a story could be told in just six words. I love this kind of challenge. Thought needs to be put into these questions. Then, they must be answered in a very concise, succinct way. That is a meaningful challenge.

The most recent question is, "If you could go back in time and give anyone from history a hug, who would it be?" 

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a sincere hugger. I could have chosen someone from my personal history, but I give them a hug every time I think of them. So, I took Eli's challenge from a different angle. Since he asked for "anyone from history", I went with that. There are people that I would have loved to have hugged personally, if I could have. So, here is my chance!  

I would hug The Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta. She has been a source of inspiration for me from the first time I became aware of her. I strive to be the kind of gentle soul that she embodied. She was an amazing human being and a true example of a saint. 

Her canonization was just a year ago, on September 4, 2016. She is now officially known as Saint Teresa of Calcutta. However, for many, she will always be Mother Teresa. She was a mother to all of God's children, whether they knew it or not. Blessed are those who know. 

My Six Words...Heavenly hugs for inspirational Mother Teresa.


7 comments:

  1. Beautifully done. This is powerful and inspirational.
    Mother Theresa is definitely a great source of inspiration to live by.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my sweet friend. Mother Teresa was a key figure in my conversion to Catholicism. She is what I believe God wants us all to be. I strive. HUGS.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Mother Teresa is an such an inspiration to so many (me included)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent choice, Annie. I know you feel a special connection to her. Bet she gave great hugs as well. I think I would want to hug Abraham Lincoln; although, he would probably be ashamed us for not doing a better job of treating all men equally. More love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete