Friday, October 6, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 74


We are happy you are here for another week of friendly sharing! As always, you can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. On Fridays, we post the link for sharing. The first two fill-ins are always provided by Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. You are welcome to answer in the comments, but if you link up, even more people can share!

It has been a busy week of projects and planning. My mind has been racing with ideas, both short and long-term. I am still working with someone on the project associated with an old post. It may take a while to complete this one, but it will be so worthwhile.

Bonnie and Clyde are ready for forever homes. Clyde has finally healed fully and is very active. Bonnie is her usual bubbly self. These two are incredibly smart, and well ahead of the usual learning curve. They are sweet little minions. 

I hope that you read my Sparks post. If not, please do. Every Monday, I will be posting a positive thought to focus on throughout the week. I did this many years ago, but it seemed to get lost in time. Now, more than ever, I feel a strong need to spark some positive energy.



I have been encouraged by several of you who have said you will join me. Thank you! The more, the merrier. I will post at 12:00 AM each Monday, beginning this Monday, October 9. Please link up your positive sparks, and leave me a comment. Cathy of Curious as a Cathy made the wonderful badge. Please make sure to add it to your post. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me. Let’s put out as many Sparks as possible! 

Please take the code for the Friendly Fill-Ins badge, as well as the Sparks badge. They are on my sidebar, now. (Thank you, Cathy! Hugs!) I highly recommend Cathy for her creative and technical skills. She is a great friend, too. 

Eli, of Coach Daddy, has posted his Six Words from September. He also has a Go Ask Daddy post that always makes me a bit teary. His posts are always both fun and thought-provoking.

The fill-ins were a bit thought-provoking this week. Here are my responses:

1. October is the perfect time to evaluate, assess, prioritize, and reflect. It seems to be a perfect time for putting many things into perspective, which allows us to move forward in positive ways.



2. Halloween stirs mixed feelings in many people, including me. There is that nagging element of evil, though I try to focus on the fun. I am not a fan of contemporary horror, but I do spend time with Poe.


3. Every October, I try to take in every moment of its special changes, including migration. I listen for the loons as they pass through our chain-of-lakes. I watch for the Sharpies who come to hunt each fall. I am aware of the Eagle and Owl who are suddenly more visible. I wish I could capture it all, but the fleeting magic of Autumn is brief.


4. My experience with the supernatural world is grounded in my faith and centered around God. There are some family legends, and I have had a few unexplained situations. However, there are enough unexplained things in daily life to keep me wondering. I do not need to look for trouble.



~Share some FUN!~
Bee & Clyde

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. 
Or, you can answer in the comments. 
   

39 comments:

  1. It is impossible to hold on to the fleeting beauty that is autumn, all we can do is enjoy it. Which i will do when it finally gets here to the swamps.

    Spending time in reflection is a good thing as the year wraps up.

    Happy Friday and thanks again for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, I would love to visit your swamps. Truly. Northern marshes are very different. Thank you, my friend.

      Delete
  2. I don't do much for Halloween anymore. I think there is too much evil in the world as it is. I don't like the gory costumes that are out there.
    I much prefer the old fashion way of how Halloween was celebrated.

    You always have great answers.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, we are sisters. You know that, too. We think so much alike. HUGS.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I am not surprised! Great minds...Hugs!

      Delete
  4. Autumn is a "refreshing" time of the year after the heat of summer is gone (although we're still having some hot days!). Happy to hear Clyde has healed up - I will be sad to see B and Clyde move on but hope they are adopted together into a happy "FOREVER" home! I've never been sure whether "supernatural" is actually "natural" or what but my mind has always been open to possibilities!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are wise, my friend. The scary part of "supernatural" is that it often does trick people into thinking the wrong thing. I just do not invite it in. Hugs!

      Delete
  5. Annie,

    Thanks for sharing your responses & hosting this fun meme. I always like the images you find to use with your fill-ins. The one with the owls is too cute. lol I hear you on the whole Halloween issue and the connection of evil linked the holiday. It's not safe to have kids out in the dark of night going door-to-door just so they can horde up on the candy. Traffic is always a concern but then there's always one bad apple ready to hurt an innocent and that's a shame. How can anyone purposely do harm to another, especially a child? Evil doesn't make sense!

    I appreciate the credit on the badge but you found the image. I just added the text. :) I'm looking forward to working in your new hop into my Mondays. Have a good weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Cathy. The world is not the one we grew up in. People who harm children are evil, for sure. Thank you for everything! HUGS.

      Delete
  6. I love your answers about October. It is my favorite month because it's when fall really "hits." Have a great Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always such good answers...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth. I appreciate you, too.

      Delete
  8. Great post. I really like your answer to the fourth. I decline to dabble with psychic readings, Ouija boards, and the like. Not religious, I am spiritual and have experienced some odd things. A huge fan of horror, including the incomparable Edgar Allen Poe, I'm looking forward to the movie "American Satan" because the vocalist for my latest favorite band (Palaye Royale) provides the main character's singing voice. ~grin~ Thanks for the kind word on my humble blog. I really shouldn't complain considering the health issues and other ordeals so many folks face. Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darla, you are adorable. I think you would be fun to hang out with. Let me know when you are ready for a minion. xo

      Delete
  9. I love the Sparks idea and can't wait to participate on Monday.It will be a great way to start the week. I enjoyed all your answers too. I agree that October is a good time for reflection. Very cool Grumpy Cat image. :) Bonnie and Clyde are so sweet and adorable, I hope they get their forever home together. Have a nice weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support, Ellen. You are the little sister i never had. love you much. xo

      Delete
  10. I love your Sparks idea. More positivity and optimism is indeed needed in this world.

    And, as always, I really enjoyed reading your fill-ins. Autumn is my favorite season, and I most especially enjoy October. I think it really is my favorite month of the year. I have always enjoyed Halloween, and one of my favorite things to do leading up to it is to read works by Poe, as well as Lovecraft and others. And our thoughts on #4 really are very similar. Thank you for hosting the fill-ins! I always look forward to them each week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We so often think in such similar ways. I think that is great! And you live not-too-far away! xo

      Delete
  11. I'll join Sparks, but I'll join after we return from the bay cruise. I'll be gone for a couple of weeks and being on the boat and blogging really don't go together very well. I do love the idea.

    Halloween is my least favorite holiday. I've just never been into Halloween, even as a kid.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandee, you are welcome anytime; you know that! I am glad that you like the idea, too. ENJOY yourself! Hugs!

      Delete
  12. I'm so glad to hear that little Clyde has healed completely. That is wonderful! I hope that wherever Clyde goes, Bonnie will get to go with him and that they will be happy forever.

    I agree. We don't need to go looking for other-worldly trouble. I learned a long time ago, when I was a young and stupid kid, that if the Bible says "don't do it", then one had better not do it or things could get pretty scary really quickly. I will deal with whatever comes to me, but I sure am not going to invite it in. And, if I get that scary feeling that makes my hair stand up, I'm out of there for sure!

    Have a blessed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne. God tells us all that we need to know. All we need to do is listen.

      Delete
  13. Autumn is indeed like magic. It's still warm here off and on but I know the real fall will be here soon. I think it's great that you have so many projects and plans brewing. I'm glad that Clyde has fully healed. Those two cuties will be missed! Our responses to number four are very similar. Hugs to you! I hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think we see things in similar ways. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Great answers as always. Also love the kitty pics. I'm off to check out your Sparks post. Sounds like a great idea. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, I hope you will join us for Sparks. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Best of luck to Bonnie and Clyde on finding their furever castles. Whoa! Your answers are deep. We're not too down with the macabre stuff at Halloween but have to say we've created a few on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...my answers are just me caring a whole awful lot. Yeah, I always think this way. But, I do have a pretty wicked sense of humour, too! Balance, my friend.

      Delete
  16. Your answers mirror mine in so many ways. I think we would be great friends "in real life." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the GIF of Bee and Clyde playing! The "Day three" meme reminds me of a meme I saw with a cat standing on its back legs amongst meercats that says something like, "Day 37 ... They still don't suspect that I'm a mere cat." Hahahaha. I think the fourth question is my favorite - so many people think religion and the supernatural are exclusive to the other. I don't agree and I think what you said about it being grounded in your faith is exactly it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that one! I also remember Flower, the Meerkat. I loved her. Hugs!

      Delete
  18. The picture of the kitty with the owls is cute. The supernatural is one of those things that mean different things to different people. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is part of the danger of the supernatural. That is also why I rely on my faith and The Almighty.

      Delete
  19. I always think of the supernatural as more like ghosts and hauntings. I consider angel sightings to be spiritual, so I didn't use my angel story for the fill-ins this time. You always have the best sentence completions and the purrfectly selected memes and graphics. Poor Misty May is suffering terribly from fall allergies. I do as well. I believe I'll be making a vet appointment for her on Monday. So happy to hear that Clyde is now totally healed. I'll probably see what others do this Monday and then jump in next week. I am so far behind with visiting, most have stopped visiting me. More love, prayers and hugs coming your way, Janet ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿพ๐ŸŒธ

    ReplyDelete
  20. What wonderful news about Clyde being all healed up! I love your answers, as always, Annie. October certainly does hold so many special changes; the leaves are just the tip of the iceberg!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think if the beauty of Autumn lasted longer then maybe we wouldn't appreciate it as much. Love all your responses Annie and I'm really happy that Bonnie and Clyde are ready for their forever homes.

    ReplyDelete