Saturday, November 11, 2017

Appreciation for Veterans


I am extremely thankful to be an American. God and country have deep meaning for me. I respect our veterans for preserving America's history while protecting her future.

Many of my relatives and friends are veterans. They served in various branches of the U. S. military, and at different times throughout history. But, the importance of their duty and honour, their reasons for serving, are the same. Their personal service to our country meant something to them. It means something to me, as well. As an American, I am beholden to our veterans.

America’s strength is rooted in the service of its men and women. Their animal counterparts should be honoured for the unique work they do, too. I appreciate each and every one of these veterans for providing and protecting our freedoms and beliefs.

Day Eleven of my Giving Thanks series.

15 comments:

  1. My heart is full of gratitude to all of our veterans. They are the reason we can freely do all we choose to do. Because of them, i can get up and go to church on Sunday morning and not have to worry someone is following me to arrest me for it, and those who don't want to get up and go to church don't have to, among other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love and honor all the heroes each and every day. Terrific post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, lovely post. I so agree! Thanks for the comment on my blog. On a lighter note in that regard, I had a Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte during a write-in at Starbucks with a friend the other night. Yes, yum, though expensive. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said. I too respect our veterans. To do otherwise is a shame.

    Have a fabulous day, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such an important thing to do, and remember them everyday. Our town began a few things already last week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice post. I am thankful to all who served and are serving now. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annie,

    I'm definitely thankful to our Veterans for preserving American's freedom. I have many family and friends who served keeping us all safe. I'm thankful God gave some this calling to serve and protect. Great read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie, a beautifully written and personal look at Veterans Day. It touched me. Good job. Hugs, prayers and love, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post!

    http://tropicalcolours.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very meaningful post and shows what should be the personal side of Veteran's day. Even if you don't personally know a veteran, people should be thankful that others are willing to serve and protect our country.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! Those that serve to protect us deserve to be honored.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here in Canada, we also spent yesterday remembering our veterans on Remembrance Day. I'm very grateful too for all they did for our freedom.
    God bless them all.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this beautifully written post, Annie. We, too, are extremely grateful for our veterans.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen to that! We, too, are so grateful for all our veterans have done and sacrificed.

    ReplyDelete