Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Arthur


~The Dog Who Crossed the Jungle to Find a Home
Written by Mikael Lindnord

This tells the true story of not only a dog but of a man, as well. This is their very special story.

Arthur was a pitiful street dog in Ecuador when Mikael Lindnord tossed him a meatball. Mikael was there competing in the Adventure Racing World Championship. Arthur saw a good thing and remained with the team. Mikael and Arthur became a team of their own.

A campaign to get Arthur back to Sweden began. The racing team took to Twitter to help raise funds. The Ecuadorian Social Affairs Ministry Dept. assisted, along with the Swedish Board of Agriculture, in getting Arthur “Home”.

As Arthur was noticed by the media, people came forth to claim him as their dog. However, when his poor health and severe wounds were uncovered, talk turned to prosecution. Claims were retracted. Arthur finally went home to Sweden and Mikael.

Once there, he got the medical and emotional attention that he needed and deserved. Arthur was quarantined for four months as he healed. His health was evaluated and improved greatly.

Arthur finally had a family. But, he also had a purpose. He continued to be part of Mikael’s racing team, accompanying them on more competitions. He also was the inspiration and heart of “Arthur’s Foundation”, to help other street dogs in Arthur’s native Ecuador.

I recommend this book to those who love animals and love happy endings. This story is special. It is about coming from behind and winning. It is also about passing that goodness on to others who need it. And, it’s all true.

18 comments:

  1. They all just want to be loved and they love so unconditionally. Precious little souls they are.

    Have a fabulous day, Annie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Sandee. I agree. Their love is unconditional.

      Delete
  2. What a heartfelt, wonderful story. And with a happy ending to boot! I reminded me a little of a children's storybook titled, Who Wants Arthur https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NdwtIlqTtY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These two were meant to be a team. ❤

      Delete
  3. I remember when this happened in 2014. I was rooting for Arthur and Mikael all the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember. Me, too. That was one reason I wanted to review this book.

      Delete
  4. What a great story! We will have to read about Arthur! Purrhaps I too will be inspired to write my story
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that sounds terrific and happy endings are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I focus so much on how much my cats have changed and transformed my life ... but never really considered that my impact on them might be similar. Our furbabies are special - and sometimes it takes the person you'd least expect to see something in the furry that no one else could :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This story was in the news, i remember a bit about it. It would be great to get the full account.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a great story. I love reading how humans save animals and in return, are saved right back. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the book review. I love these kind of stories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great story, and who doesn't love a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This gave me chills. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete