Friday, November 10, 2017

Focusing on Thanks


Bill surprised me with a Ford Focus four years ago. I am grateful for my little car. It was my first brand new vehicle. In the past, we had always gotten new vehicles that Bill drove. They suited him and his needs, as well as family needs. I wanted a Focus "someday". Bill had this one planned out.

My race red car is pretty cute, too. Bill got it with the special black wheels. It looks sporty and matches the black interior, too. It isn’t all about looks, though. Sure, “she” is also fast, responsive, and fun to drive. But, I am really thankful for her because of all of the things that I can do with her help.

I am alone when Bill is on the road. He used to be gone 4-6 weeks at a time. Even now, he is gone all week. I needed a car that would be safe and dependable. My cute little car can help me do it all.  I can still go to appointments, run errands, and make trips to the vet clinic. I am pleased to say that I can even get four big cat crates in there with room left over. I can even squeeze in a Sheltie or two. Trust me; I know.  

I am thankful to be as independent as I am. It isn’t always easy, and a good car is essential. I am especially pleased that my car is a cute little, reliable Ford Focus. Oh, and thanks, Bill!

Day Ten of my Giving Thanks series.

13 comments:

  1. I have my red 2011 Ford Fusion. It is the first American car I have had since my first car after I got out of college. I love it! Tom picked up his new car on Tuesday. He had a diesel Jetta on which VW had cheated on the emission system tests. Three years after buying it, they took it back and with all the other returned cars, it will be sent to China, where they have no emission standards. He has virtually the exact same car only new with no payments. Can't beat that! Anyhoo, being independent is very important! Love, hugs and prayers, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. A reliable car that's just the size you need is a special blessing. That's one reason i love my Jalopy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure is something good to be thankful for, a good dependable car. That sounds like a good one. You all have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cute car and it is there jst for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That car sounds like a treasure. Lucky you to have Sugar Daddy Bill buy it for you.
    I remember when I got my first car, it was a 300 M. A second hand single owner car who really took care of it. It had all the features that I wanted, even heated sets... The deal with my husband was I paid for the new well to be dug and he bought the car for me or vice versa... . But it was my choice and I chose to pay for the well. Wells are a very basic necessity and will outlast the car...

    Then my second car was the one I presently own, a Dodge Caravan.
    It's getting rusty and I should get another car but it takes me places and It's high on the road so I'm trying to run it for another year. We'll see if problems develops, I'll get another one but I'm totally on my own to buy it. I don't have a Sugar Daddy like you but I'm very thankful for my van too.
    Hugs, Julia



    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking car! For most of us I think a car is pretty essential to a greater sense of freedom to do what we need to do. Where I live I could get by without a car much of the time, but still I wouldn't want to be without one.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing makes me feel as independent as a car. I’d be thankful for that too. My last car was red now it’s blue. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice! You and Bill are such a special couple. My partner bought an electric hybrid Chevy Volt that I adore. A man asked me about it at the YMCA this morning and I was happy to brag about her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is a sharp looking car!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having a great dependable car is a wonderful feeling. I so agree. Cute and I love red. Great choice.

    Have a fabulous weekend, Annie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a special story, and a wonderful car too! You are a strong woman (I have a sister-in-law) who is married to a truck driver as well) and it does get really hard sometimes, but your are right it makes us stronger! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Annie,

    What a sweet story of a sweet man doing something incredibly nice for his honey love! Having a good dependable car is important. It sure makes life easier when you have a reliable vehicle. Red is one of my favorite colors for a car. Our Camry is red and chances are very good when we buy our next Camry it'll also be red. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Life is so much easier when you have a reliable car that meets your needs. It was very thoughtful of your husband to give you your perfect car.

    ReplyDelete