Friday, November 10, 2017

Friendly Fill-ins: Week 79


Wow! Seventy-nine consecutive weeks of friendly sharing! Thank you for being here. The fill-ins are posted here and at 15andmeowing.com each Thursday. We post the link for sharing here every Friday. The first two fill-ins are always provided by Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. You are welcome to answer in the comments, but if you link up, it is more fun for everyone!

It has been the week from a recurring nightmare. Think Groundhog Day. I spent literally half of it at medical offices. The testing should all be about finished, now. I am counting on the doctors to come up with definitive answers and a plan of action that I can live with. Obviously, I cannot resolve this on my own. They are the experts. As a team, I can hopefully get feeling better. I believe that doctors and medical science are modern-day miracles. God provides.

I also had recurring issues with Comcast. Again. The Internet was unstable most of Tuesday through Thursday. This has been a chronic, recurring problem since May. Hopefully, they have finally gotten it resolved with the new lines outside. They already replaced everything inside, piece by piece. So, if I have not visited you, this is why. I hope to start fresh, now. Here it is, Thursday evening, and I finally am getting this scheduled to post. *good grief*

The leaves never quite reached peak beauty here. The weather of late Summer and early Fall was too fickle. Our weather was too hot, then got too rainy, then too hot, then shockingly cold! It really messed up nature with its tricks. No treats. We went from green to a sickly greenish-yellow, and then shades of brown.

I won the much sought-after Teaser Tuesday "First Right Guesser" badge! I love this game. I enjoy seeing if I can figure it out based on clues in the picture. I also love to learn about the places featured. This time I won because the Great Lakes is Home. For many, there is a strong spiritual pull associated with The Great Lakes. I am thankful that Sherri and Pam shared this week’s Teaser pictures. I am sharing my badge on my special page, too.

Enjoy your weekend. Please join us on Monday for Sparks! Share something positive and encouraging. And, be inspired by others. I am inspired by this group of great bloggers!

I hope you enjoyed the fill-ins this week. I did.

1. The best part of where I live is the chain-of-lakes that run through the area. There are also two major rivers that feed into them and surrounding channels. The water attracts wildlife, which can be especially amazing during migration.


2. The worst part of where I live is human interference. People keep tearing the land apart to build more housing, box stores, and strip malls. Then, they “beautify” by strictly landscaping everything, killing indigenous plants and bringing in invasive species.


3. If I had known the true intentions of certain others I would have trusted myself more. I have always had an intuition about people and situations. But, there have been people that I trusted because of who they were. Consequently, I learned some hard lessons about trust. In the end, I must always trust myself the most.



4. My favourite article of cold weather clothing is my lightweight (but warm) grey fleece coat. It was made in the U.P. They know about dressing for the cold UP there!



~May your weekend be only relaxing !~

We are sharing this post with:
❤ Thank you, Sandee! 😺

Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here.   

38 comments:

  1. My goodness, what a week you've had. I truly hope the doctors can get to the bottom of your health concerns, and soon! I also hope that your internet behaves itself.

    As always, your fill-ins are wonderful! I know what you mean with #2. It's so disheartening to go by areas that you remember as being natural and green and full of trees or flowers, only to find that they've uprooted all of that and placed some giant building in its place. I know the times are changing, but can't nature's beauty be spared a bit more?

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being part of the fill-ins. I am thankful for friends like you.

      Delete
  2. Some week! And here we are at Friday...finally. First of all I hope all the health related appointments give you some answers with solutions you can easily deal with. I'm glad you were pleased to get your FIRST RIGHT GUESSER badge on the Teaser! It was tough for some but for you who are familiar with that area, EASY PEASY! I am not familiar with "your" area of our beautiful country but Manitoulin Island should be on everyone's list I think. Winter is coming to your area I believe in the next day or two - get that fleece out! Happy Friday...........stay warm.

    Hugs, Pam (and Teddy too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yea for Friday! Bill will be home tonight, too! I don't travel, really. So, most of the Teasers are learning experiences, which I love! But, I had read about the Jerome Hotel, and have actually experienced Manitoulin. We got some snow today! Woo-hoo! XO

      Delete
  3. It sounds like autumn has been a difficult season, i pray that winter brings to some deep rest and an end to the difficulties, especially health wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, you are very special. I mean that. HUGS.

      Delete
  4. I know what it's like to go through a lot of medical testing. I have felt like a lab rat a few times in my life. Praying that you have a good outcome. Autumn has not been so great here in Maryland either--we've had some color, but nothing like past years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a year of odd weather. I wonder what Winter will bring. Stay warm!

      Delete
  5. I hope you get your medical issues fixed. Sounds like you're on the right path. Prayers coming your way.

    Oh the trust. Sometimes you trust when you shouldn't and it usually has some pretty hurtful endings. Some people are good a covering up who they really are. Been there and done that.

    Now I know where you live. Well generally. Way cool. I would enjoy all the migrating birds.

    I love that Feline Friday kitty and I'm not going to tell you how long I watched that GIF. Just saying.

    Have a purrfect day and weekend. Big healing hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words, Sandee. Yes, some people do hide behind a mask of sorts. Actually, all of my Friday memes are linked to you! I am happy to be able to do that. You rock. HUGS!

      Delete
  6. I haven't been on the computer very much this week. I've been hit with fatigue and needed to lay down for several hours for the last couple of days after my morning barn routine. I've been getting behind in reading blog posts.

    I hope that you can get to the bottom of your health problems and start to feel full of pep. At the mayo Clinic, do they use alternative medicine combined with regular medicine?

    Have a great weekend. Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, I really worry about you. My time online is sporadic. I never get caught up. Mayo does, indeed, utilize many areas of healing. They are amazing. HUGS.

      Delete
  7. i very much agree with you about human interference - same thing is happening where I live! We never seem to learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It is a shame that man does not learn. *augh*

      Delete
  8. We are purraying for your health. Where you live sounds wonderful! And about the only place there is not strip malls and big box stores taking over is the remote rural areas--they are losing people at a great rate. Your feline friday cat and the bath cat are both wonderful!
    Love Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my friends. One reason we plan to ove Up North is to get away from man's interference. We want nature. XO

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing your answers, and I hope you are better soon.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never knew where you lived and now I do! #2 sticks in our craw too and I wish I would have used it as my answer. We used to have a gorgeous panaramic view of the city from the tunnel helix but now there are so many highrise buildings, you're lucky to get a peek at NYC. Now some jerk wants to chip away the hill we live on to build their house. No. Just no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why we want to go UP North. Far from the madding crowd. Far...really far. xo

      Delete
  11. Yikes...you've had a tough week. We hope everything gets resolved soon. ConCats on the Teaser! Great fill-ins and, as always, super graphics!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry you have had your trust betrayed. And I pray your health improves. I'm waiting for liver testing, myself. ~sigh~ At least I don't feel ill. You're so right about human intervention. I regret not knowing about Bradford pears before I planted one gifted me by a neighbor who got tree saplings from the Arbor Day Society. Now we will have to spend hundreds of dollars having it taken down or just leave it. There are so many in local neighborhoods I guess one more is no big deal. Now, I have to get back to my NaNoWriMo project. Those words aren't writing themselves! Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no...liver testing? What is wrong?! Email me!

      Delete
  13. I was having all kinds of trouble with my Comcast Internet service, and finally had a technician come out and check it. He ended up running new cable from the street to the house, and it's worked perfectly ever since. You might want to have them do the same for you. Just a suggestion...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have checked and worked inside. Now, they have replaced thimngs outside. I am hoping they got it fixed! This is frustrating!

      Delete
  14. I hope the doctors can help you figure out what is wrong. Your answers are great and I love the accompanying memes! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You have a good weekend, too!

      Delete
  15. Great answers and it always amazes me that you find such cute kitty memes to go with every answer. Your area of the country sounds beautiful. I am sorry that someone betrayed your trust. Some people are experts at doing that ( typically sociopaths). Have a nice weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger. I learn. I am okay. I am very thankful for friends like you, too. XO

      Delete
  16. good post- you have a lot of common sense! Have a lovely weekend and I hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. #3 says it all! Tom and I have a thing, if anyone ever says, "Trust Me," we know we shouldn't. As always you have the best memes to accompany your answers. Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say, "Trust me!" But, I think it is because I know how important trust is. HUGS!

      Delete
  18. Your Fill-In answers were great. I love to how you add cute kitty photos to go with them. My favorite today were: I Landscape and I Already Have a Coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not see you in the link-up. I hope you join us, Ida! Hugs!

      Delete
  19. As usual, your cat images are cute. I especially enjoyed the "I already haz a coat" one and can very much relate to "My trust, u loses it" one. There are some folks (such a doctors when it comes to my own person) that will never have it again.

    Your answer to #2 is something that makes me sad. It seems much of what they consider progress is really destruction, not progress. True progress would be respectful of nature, not destructive to it.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We hope you can get your medical issues under control. How frustrating. And we hope the internet is now fixed too. The mom says there's nothing worse than wonky internet service. Congrats on winning Teddy's Teaser. We never know the right answer, but that's okay. :)

    ReplyDelete