Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Giving Thanks


As we approach the holidays, I want to be sure to do so with a thankful heart. As a rule of self, I always try to make this a way of life. But, at this particular time of the year, I want to be even more conscious of my blessings. I want to go deeper in my gratitude, taking time to appreciate both the big and small blessings. Often, we take for granted or overlook the small, daily blessings. Yet, these are things that sustain us.

Each day in November, I will be taking time to be fully conscious of all of my blessings. I believe that a thankful heart is home to a joyful spirit. I will share this journey here. I think it will provide discipline and hold me accountable to my intention of gratitude. 

Today, I will start by giving thanks for my relationship with God. No matter what happens to me, I trust that He knows and understands. He sees the big picture, while I only see my place in it. I am grateful that He has given me this grace of faith. It is my faith that has saved me many times. 

I hope you find large and small blessings in your daily life, too. Please feel free to share your own blessings in the comments. I would love to hear about them. Let us all give thanks. Happy Thanksgiving!


8 comments:

  1. It can be difficult to keep your focus on blessings in the difficult times. That's what I struggle with. I try to remember that even in the hardest of times, God blesses us. He gives us many blessings that we often take for granted daily. Thank you for the reminder to be thankful for the smallest as well as the biggest blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith is indeed the best and deepest blessing, and i'm grateful each day for that gift. It's going to be a joy to rejoice with you over all the things for which you are thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ever so thankful to wake up with a healed body for as long as I can. I appreciate blessings so much more...any and all blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too focus on all my blessings and do them year around. I think when we get older we see what's important. Being thankful is part of that wisdom.

    Have a fabulous and thankful day, Annie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyday I'm still here is another day to be so very thankful! I'm thankful for so many things, and having the chance to share blogging with you is one of them. God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. guyz.....de FSG sayz thanx ta God everee day; even if itz onlee for a safe journee two N frum werk.... ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great post Annie... My own Motto is a thankful hearty is a happy heart which is pretty close to your own Motto...
    In my daily struggles, I'm reminded that I'm on a journey and what is happening to me is part of that journey. I'm a spiritual being having human experiences and somehow it makes me accept what I cannot change and try to change what I can. When all is done, I'm to return to my maker to be judged on how I did live up to Jesus' teaching...
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete