Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Thankful for Others


There are many unsung heroes in our daily lives. Too often they are considered to be just doing their job. Maybe they are, but I think it is much more than that. I appreciate these people.

I am talking about the cashier who takes the time to pull out a coupon for something I am purchasing. There is also the bagger who double bags my cans because we all know the bags will inevitably split from the weight.

I am grateful for the auto service guy who went out to my car to help me re-program my phone to my car after a computer update messed it up. And, I am also grateful for the young mechanic who was so nice in adding air to my tires on the busy and freezing cold, rainy morning.

I am so very thankful for my local pharmacy staff. The technicians treat every medication with detailed care. They make sure that each one is processed in the best, most cost-effective way for us. They check with our doctor, insurance, and include any coupon to help with cost control. This great pharmacy staff also makes sure that we fill our medications on time, for continued care for routine issues.

I am also thankful for the mail clerk who takes the time to put extra tape on a faulty envelope. There is the UPS man who makes sure to leave packages where they stay safe and dry. I appreciate him, too.

There are many people who I encounter throughout my daily routine. I am especially grateful for the ones who take an extra moment to reach out and care about how their job affects me. It makes the difference. I am sure to thank them. I then pass that extra-care on to others that I meet throughout my day.

I am always appreciative of what others do for me. I am also thankful for the opportunity to make the difference for others. I believe that karma can be a wonderful thing, when we make it so.

Day Fourteen of my Giving Thanks series.

11 comments:

  1. I too appreciate all the unsung folks that work so hard to make our lives better. Paying attention to these folks means the world to them too. I thank them often. On hot summers days we hand the UPS driving ice cold water. It's a small way to say thank you.

    Have a blessed day, Annie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandee, I am not surprised. It does not hurt anyone to be appreciative or kind. Thanks for being You. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. That is so very true and we always appreciate them, and we tell them so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you do. And, that they appreciate it, too.

      Delete
  3. A great reminder to look for, and appreciate, the 'little things'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. guyz....we iz thanx ful for yur mom that peepulz round ther WILL help like that !!! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not the normal way anymore. However, it is appreciated!

      Delete
  5. It is a joy to see people doing their best to do a great job. Yes, i thank them, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, I hope people appreciate you! I sure would. You are one of those that work hard to help others. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful post. With us it's second nature to pass along the gratitude for a job well done. My husband and I worked our way through college and were on the receiving end of many strangers who appreciated our hard work back in the day. Here's to the people we're kind to today passing it along as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing how no matter what someone's job is, they can
    make or break someone's day. This post just reminded me that I need to get some treats to leave out in a basket for the delivery people like I did last year. XO

    ReplyDelete